(Several positions available - 15-40 hours per week))
Duties:Programming Interns support WXPN's NPR syndicated radio show, World Cafe, through a broad range of tasks including:
- Artist relations: Host recording artists on site, load-in and load-out, coordinate hospitality
- Prepare and schedule World Cafe playlists using Microsoft Excel and GSelector music scheduling software
- Write on-air promotional copy for World Cafe episodes
- Format scripts for World Cafe host and episode rundowns for affiliate stations
- Compile press and background info on artists through extensive online research
- Ongoing research of forthcoming books and movies related to triple-A radio format
- • Monitor World Cafe broadcast schedule updates and notify artist contacts of air dates
- Other duties as needed, including general clerical tasks
Qualifications:Applicants must have a minimum of 15 weekday hours available, 9am to 5pm. Successful candidates will be self-starters with attention to detail, great interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently. Applicants must be web savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel. An interest in exploring a career in media/entertainment and a familiarity with the music of WXPN and World Cafe are desirable.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.