Position SummaryThis is an opportunity to gain valuable experience working for a leading public radio station. It's essential that applicants to this position be highly organized and creative, possess excellent communication and social media skills, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Write and/or post press releases and other public relations content, including calendar listings, media alerts, marketing copy, etc.
- Write and/or post content and images to multiple social media accounts
- Social media research (i.e. blogs, forums, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Other research as needed
- Database management; photo library/archives management
- Attend meetings and help maintain inter-departmental information flow
- Other projects as needed, including special events support (includes occasional evenings and weekends)
Qualifications Students majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism may apply. Candidates must:
- Very strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Be articulate; have proper phone etiquette
- Have strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in using multiple social media platforms
- Good command of social media strategy, content promotion, and analytics
- Proficiency in photo editing software, including Photoshop
- Proficiency in distribution and archive systems (such as DropBox)
- Be organized and able to multitask
- Be a team player and self-starter
- Interest in music and strong familiarity with relevant media (traditional and new) preferred. Previous PR and/or social media experience or internship a plus.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Contact WXPN Intern/
Work Study Coordinator