Published on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 10:29
Special Beatles music programming from Mon. Feb. 3 through Fri. Feb. 7
PHILADELPHIA (JANUARY 29, 2014): To commemorate and celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Beatles' historic arrival in the U.S., WXPN-FM will present special Beatles music programming from Monday, February 3 through Friday, February 7 that honors the most influential band in rock music history.
When The Beatles Hit America Week on WXPN will feature multiple Beatles and Beatles-related music features throughout the day, including:
- The Morning Show (6am-10am) hosted by Michaela Majoun will focus on one Beatles album each day, with listeners choosing their favorite album song for the show’s daily "Select-A-Song" feature
- The Leicht Lunch (12 pm) with host Helen Leicht will feature these Beatles music themes:
- - Monday, Feb. 3: Songs that mention The Beatles
- - Tuesday, Feb. 4: Solo Beatles’ music
- - Thursday, Feb. 6: Covers of Beatles songs
- The Top 5 at 5 (5 pm), presented by host Dan Reed with listener input, will consist of a unforgettable five-song set of Beatles’ music
- All day Friday, February 7, music from The Beatles and their members’ solo music will be played throughout the day
Like most music lovers, WXPN midday host Helen Leicht has indelible memories from the week that The Beatles became a part of our lives, and what it's meant to her since: "I remember seeing The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show like it was yesterday. From that moment the transistor radio was always by my side. I needed to hear every new song and had to buy every teen magazine to follow their lives. I saw The Beatles at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia in August 1966. They were such an important part of my life that at the beginning of my radio career I began Breakfast with the Beatles in October 1976 on WIOQ, which aired Sunday mornings from 10-11am. It was a wonderful way to remember their music and involve the listeners, much like WXPN’s When The Beatles Hit America Week will be."