Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Pay Range: $15 /hourly
Available in-person only
Work closely with the WXPN sales director and underwriting staff to assist with day to day operations. The WXPN corporate underwriting department generates revenue through local businesses, assembles marketing plans, prospects for new business and meets weekly with new underwriting clients. This position will entail experience in all facets of the underwriting department. Assist with administrative and planning work as required.
- Work directly with WXPN sales director to help design and create sales and marketing pieces to potential corporate underwriting sponsors.
- Help individual account executives with research pieces and written marketing proposals.
- Aide our spot traffic manager with any organization help she may require.
- Go out on selected sales calls.
- Learn the PPM Arbitron radio rating system as well as the qualitative aspect of market research.
- Generate market and WXPN marketing research pieces as needed.
- Help with copywriting as needed.
- Help upgrade WXPN media kits.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to assemble and evaluate radio market quantitative and qualitative data into aesthetically pleasing marketing pieces. Strong computer skills including, knowledge of word, excel, power point, desktop publishing, PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator and or other graphic design expertise.
Marketing design expertise for WXPN marketing pieces is imperative. Must enjoy working with numbers, charts, graphs and enjoy finding research stories in Arbitron for WXPN staff to help position the radio station to corporate underwriters.
For more information, you can email our Community Outreach Coordinator.