Hours: 15 – 20 /week
Programming Interns support WXPN’s NPR syndicated radio show, World Cafe, through a broad range of tasks including:
- Artist relations: Host recording artists on site, load-in and load-out, coordinate hospitality
- Prepare and schedule World Cafe playlists using Microsoft Excel and GSelector music scheduling software
- Write on-air copy to promote upcoming World Cafe guests
- Create and distribute World Cafe episode rundowns (timings and cues) for affiliate stations
- Compile press and background info on artists through extensive online research
- Monitor World Cafe broadcast schedule and inform guests of air dates
- Other duties as needed, including general clerical tasks
Applicants must have a minimum of 15 weekday hours available, 9am to 5pm. Successful candidates will be self-starters with exceptional attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications preferred. An interest in exploring a career in media/entertainment and a familiarity with the music of WXPN and World Cafe are desirable.
Contact WXPN Intern / Work Study Coordinator
For more information you can email our Community Outreach Coordinator.
This internship position is eligible for funding through the 2023 UPenn SHIP program. If you are an undergraduate UPenn student, click here to learn more.