Position Summary: : WXPN is a member supported radio station from the University of Pennsylvania. The Membership department is seeking a work study student and/or an intern who would be interested in exploring the world of non-profit fundraising in a creative environment.
The Membership department at XPN provides customer service to the XPN listeners and donors who support the radio station. The Member Services student and/or intern would assist by providing communication assistance with webmail, voicemail, telephone calls, office mailings, and data entry pertaining to XPN Members. Additionally the student/intern would assist with on-air fundraising, membership events, and station events such as the XPoNential Music Festival. There are lots of opportunities to learn about the behind the scenes of public broadcasting & non-profit operations, development, and fundraising.
We're looking for young professionals who have strong written and oral communication skills, have a high attention to detail, and are available to work 10-25 hours per week.
- Provide excellent customer service to members/listeners via telephone, email, and in person. Provide information and take initiative to stay knowledgeable about station activity.
- Conduct administrative work, data entry and pledge clean-up with punctuality and unwavering high attention to detail.
- Additional tasks as directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Extreme attention to detail
- Personable and a team player
- Interest in music and communications preferred. Previous non/profit administrative work experience a plus.