This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience working for a leading public radio station. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Write public relations materials, including calendar listings, media alerts, marketing copy, etc.
- Write other materials as needed (fact sheets, bios)
- Perform social media research (i.e. blogs, forums, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Perform other research as needed (media outlets and coverage areas, specific music genres or subject areas, etc.)
- Make follow-up phone calls
- Database management
- Attend meetings
- Other marketing & PR tasks and projects as needed, including special events support (may require some evenings and weekends)
Students majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism may apply. Candidates must:
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Be articulate; have proper phone etiquette
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be familiar with new media i.e. blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Be organized and able to multitask
- Be a team player and self-starter
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Contact WXPN Intern/
Work Study Coordinator