As a video production specialist, you'll be involved in all aspects of the video production process, including planning, creating, processing, uploading, editing, and managing video for a wide variety of projects across the station. Projects include, but are not limited to, live music performances, in-studio performances, interviews, and OTF shoots with talent and radio hosts. The Video Production Specialist works closely with the Video Producer, under the direction of the Director of Digital Content.
This position occasionally requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs, and climb tall ladders. Organization and the ability to work under tight deadlines while keeping a flexible schedule are a must.
This is a 20 hours per week part-time temporary position.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and video reel when applying. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and setting up for video shoots
- Lighting design
- Handheld (DSLR, camcorder), tripod, and PTZ shooting
- Manipulating and editing footage for a wide variety of platforms
- Input music, dialogue, graphics, and effects in post-production
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video camera operator and editor in the field of music (3+ years)
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Final Cut, After Effects)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Familiarity with special effects/animation is a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus (e.g. Photoshop Illustrator)
- PTZ camera control experience a plus
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Professional, well organized, and works cross-functionally with others
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography, or related field/experience
Job Location - City, State
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Send this job to a friend:
Careers At Penn - PT Grants Coordinator
How To Apply
Formal application for this position MUST be made through the University of Pennsylvania Online Employment System on the https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/careers-at-penn website. . Application MUST include cover letter and resume.
Deadline for Applications: October 29, 2021
No phone calls, please.