Users of the new app will find a convenient, thorough list of Philly-area concerts, for which they can also instantly purchase tickets. Gregg Mungan, Venue Production Manager for popular Philadelphia concert club Johnny Brenda's, said, "The new XPN Concert Calendar is super impressive. It is comprehensive in its design, from the live stream to the alarm to calendar listings, and much more. It's experiential and informational, with a simple, elegant design. I'll be using this app often." Concert promoter Jesse Lundy of Point Entertainment remarked, "When I'm not working on a show and want to know what's going on, I now have a great app that tells me where the good shows are."
The new app provides much more than concert and club listings, however. "We're filling a void with this concert app," said WXPN General Manager Roger LaMay. "You will not only be able to see where bands are playing but you can listen to them on XPN and read about them on The Key....all on one app!" The new app's other features include:
• Live streaming of WXPN audio means that users won't miss a minute of their favorite radio station, or its XPN2 Singer-Songwriter Radio and XPoNential music streams
• Continually-updated playlists that identify each artist and song played on WXPN, XPN2 Singer-Songwriter Radio and XPoNential Radio, with the option to purchase songs
• Sharing and connecting with XPN and others by linking to XPN's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and membership/donation pages
• Link to World Cafe®, WXPN's award-winning, NPR-syndicated daily music program, to hear archived interviews and performances
• Link to The Key, WXPN's blog of exclusive content featuring the Philly music scene, in-studio sessions, concert recaps, replays, photos and videos, downloads, music news and much more
For more information and to download the new WXPN Concert Calendar app, visit http://xpn.org/mobile.
WXPN, the nationally recognized leader in Triple A radio and the premier guide for discovering new and significant artists in rock, blues, roots and folk, is the non-commercial, member-supported radio service of the University of Pennsylvania. WXPN produces World Cafe® public radio's most popular program of popular music hosted by David Dye and syndicated by NPR, and the Peabody Award-winning Kids Cornerhosted by Kathy O'Connell. WXPN also produces the XPN2 Singer-Songwriter Radio stream as its secondary radio channel in HD. WXPN serves the greater Philadelphia area at 88.5 FM, the Lehigh Valley at 104.9, Worton/Baltimore at 90.5 FM, Lancaster/York at 88.7 FM, Harrisburg at 99.7 FM and the world via online streaming at XPN.org.