Each weekday from December 8-23, XPN will showcase a different original holiday song from one of 12 local artists. Listeners can tune in to hear the song presented on air weekday mornings at 9:40AM during XPN’s My Morning Download on the Morning Show with Michaela Majoun and again at 1:00 p.m. during Helen Leicht's XPN Local Pick of the Day feature. Each song will be featured as a free download exclusively through the XPN website. The 12 Days of XPN Local Music schedule is as follows:
- Monday, December 8: Marah "Counting The Days till Christmas"
- Tuesday, December 9: The Swimmers "A Christmas Song”
- Wednesday, December 10: Ages "Frankincense Of Style"
- Thursday, December 11: Dan May "Christmas In My Hometown"
- Friday, December 12: Trisha O'Keefe "Christmas with You"
- Monday, December 15: Hoots & Hellmouth "A Song for Solstice"
- Tuesday, December 16: Erik Mitchell "I Think I've been Good this Year"
- Wednesday, December 17: John Flynn "Santa Claus & Mickey Malone"
- Thursday, December 18: Hiram Ring "Just a Single Season"
- Friday, December 19: Cliff Hillis "On a Day Like Christmas”
- Monday, December 22: Fooling April "Every Single Christmas"
- Tuesday, December 23: Andrew Lipke "A Winter Song"
“XPN is all about exposing lesser-known artists and rare recordings,” said Helen Leicht, assistant program director, midday and XPN Local host. “This is a fun and festive way to put a spotlight on some of our great local talent and give listeners 12 new original holiday tunes to add to their playlists.”
WXPN, the nationally recognized leader in Triple A radio and the premier guide for discovering new and significant artists in rock, blues, roots, and folk, is the non-commercial, member-supported radio service of the University of Pennsylvania. WXPN produces World Cafe®, public radio's most popular program of popular music hosted by David Dye and syndicated by NPR, and the Peabody Award winning Kids Corner hosted by Kathy O'Connell. WXPN also produces the alternative rock service, Y-Rock On XPN as its secondary radio channel in HD that is also available online. WXPN serves the greater Philadelphia area at 88.5 FM, the Lehigh Valley at 104.9, Worton/Baltimore at 90.5 FM, Lancaster/York at 88.7 FM, Harrisburg at 99.7 FM, and the world via online streaming at XPN.org.