Announcing Live at the World Cafe Volume 45, featuring Hozier, John Prine, Neko Case and more
Attention World Cafe fans — there will soon be another compilation CD to add to your collection. Live At the World Cafe Volume 45 will be available to XPN members this winter, and it features performances from some of our favorite artists.
Chances are a lot of the songs on the CD are ones you haven’t been able to stop listening to over the last year, from Neko Case‘s infectious “Bad Luck” to The War & Treaty‘s rousing “Healing Tide.” The compilation features trusty favorites like Dawes and Amos Lee, newer voices like Rayland Baxter and Rainbow Kitten Surprise, plus a few artists who made comebacks recently, like John Prine and Belly. All tracks on the compilation were recorded live right here in Philly for NPR’s World Cafe.
Current XPN members can get a copy of Live At the World Cafe Volume 45 for an additional donation of $35, and new members who join at the $8 a month level will receive the CD. Find the full track list and watch a few videos of the studio recordings below.
- Hozier – “Nina Cried Power”
- Neko Case – “Bad Luck”
- Belly – “Superconnected”
- Dawes – “Living In The Future”
- Low Cut Connie – “Beverly”
- The Record Company – “I’m Getting Better”
- Amos Lee – “No More Darkness”
- John Prine – “Egg & Daughter Nite, Lincoln Nebraska, 1967 (Crazy Bone)”
- The War & Treaty – “Healing Tide”
- Angelique Kidjo – “Crosseyed And Painless”
- The Suffers – “Do Whatever”
- Dr. Dog – “Go Out Fighting”
- Dessa – “Fire Drills”
- Rayland Baxter – “Casanova”
- Aaron Lee Tasjan – “The Rest Is Yet To Come”
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise – “Fever Pitch”
- Ry Cooder with The Hamiltones – “Straight Street”