Businesses that support WXPN engage with a vibrant community of passionate music fans on-air, online, and at events. Business Supporter benefits can impact the bottom line.
Reach a Highly Desirable Audience
Connect with well-educated, affluent, and influential individuals who are hard to reach through traditional media. WXPN audience profile:
- 86% are between the ages of 25-64 – Index of 135 (35% over market average)
- 50% have annual household incomes greater than $100,000 – Index of 166
- 71% are homeowners – Index of 180
- 48% have a college degree – Index of 150
Source: Nielsen Qualitative 2021/ Market average index = 100
Showcase Your Business by Standing Out with Clutter-Free Media
WXPN airs only four (4) :25 business support messages per hour. Less on-air clutter means your message gets heard by an engaged consumer. Commercial radio airs up to 22 commercials per hour. WXPN offers a direct one-to-one, sponsor-to-consumer connection in our market-exclusive, clutter-free on-air environment.
“That’s still a fundamental problem for terrestrial radio,” says Larry Miller, director of Music Business program in New York University’s Steinhardt school. “How would you like to be the advertiser in minute six of a seven-minute stop-set?”
Influence Listeners Who Value Your Support
- 82% of public radio listeners have a higher opinion of a company supporting public radio.
- When price and quality are equal, 77% prefer to buy from businesses supporting public radio.
Source: Jacobs Media/Edison Media research 2021
Expand Your Reach By Targeting Consumers In Multiple Markets
WXPN programming is produced in Philadelphia for audiences in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and portions of Delaware and Maryland. Business can target their messages to reach all or any combination of the following regions:
- Greater Philadelphia/South Jersey, Wilmington, and Worton/Baltimore
- Central PA including Harrisburg, Lancaster, and Lebanon
- North Jersey, Poconos, Lehigh Valley
Download image of the WXPN coverage areas.
Engage With Consumers On Multiple Platforms In A Variety of Ways
Your WXPN Business Support specialist will work with you to build an individualized package that supports your marketing objectives. Campaigns may include a combination of platforms such as:
- On-air messaging
- Digital: e-newsletter ads, audio stream pre-roll, web content sponsorships (Playlists, Concert Calendar, etc)
- Events: XPoNential Music Festival, Free At Noon concert series, WXPN 5k for Musicians On Call, NON-COMMvention