The Home of Music Discovery.
WXPN is a nationally recognized leader in Triple A programming and the premier guide for discovering new and significant artists in rock, blues, roots, and folk.
As the non-commercial, member-supported radio service of the University of Pennsylvania offers handcrafted curation of broadcast and digital programming, events, and local music journalism.
WXPN’s mission is to connect artists and audiences, and build, serve, and engage community.
As part of its mission, WXPN will:
- Connect artists and audiences with a particular emphasis on new and significant artists and music.
- Present a program service of the highest quality and value to its listeners.
- Establish the station as one of the region’s significant cultural institutions.
- Play a national leadership role in public radio and digital media.
- Expand the capacity, reach and value of its services to an increasingly diverse community.
- Provide significant opportunities for students throughout the station enabling them to evaluate potential careers in media, the music industry, and other related occupations, and enhancing their prospects for success in these fields.
In carrying out its Mission, WXPN will:
- Maintain its financial independence, attracting necessary financial resources from the listeners and organizations that value the station’s programming.
- Provide service beyond the local region by distributing programming through traditional station networks and digital media. WXPN will reflect the broadest educational goals of the University by serving listeners interested in contemporary music, art, culture, and society, and the traditions which inform them.
WXPN POLICY BOARD
A complete list of WXPN’s Policy Board Members can be found here.
WXPN Policy Board Meetings are open to the public and take place at 12:00 Noon at WXPN, unless otherwise noted.
Meeting Schedule for 2022-2023: