10 reasons why you should stop at nothing to see Nothing at Firefly
Photo courtesy of the artist
A few days ago, we presented you with a list of 10 artists playing Firefly you shouldn’t miss. Today, we’re going to add one more band to that list, the Philly rock and roll band Nothing. Nothing have released one of the best albums of the year so far, Guilty of Everything, and since March, when they released the album, they’ve been touring like crazy, increasingly adding passionate new fans (and maybe an earache or two) along the way. Spin Magazine recently called their album one of the most overlooked albums of 2014. Vice insists “Philly’s best shoegaze band is here to knock you over.” They played an amazing set at SXSW to thousands of confused people at The Fader Fort. Heck, they even got dissed by Pitchfork. They’re really good at good at throwing their guitars. In honor of the band playing Dover, Delaware’s Firefly Music Festival this weekend, we decided to present you with 10 reasons you should stop at absolutely nothing to see Nothing at Firefly. They play Sunday at 11:30AM. If you’re still awake in your tent, they promise to wake you up.
1. Nothing concerts make the perfect date nights for Grim Reapers
2. They destroy people’s ears with their high voltage shoegaze rock
i need to buy earplugs, @BandofNOTHING destroyed my ears for the third time in a month tonight
— zeck. (@ZeckBecker) June 15, 2014
My ears are still ringing from last night, thank you @BandofNOTHING
— Matt Maroney (@mm_maroney) June 13, 2014
3. Their pre-show warmup routine consists of an alcohol infused yoga session.
Pre show yoga session pic.twitter.com/rQXNG549Bh
— NOTHING (@BandofNOTHING) May 29, 2014
4. Kurt Vile makes a cameo in the “Bent Nail” music video.
5. Christina Belles, an avid fan of Nothing, wants the band to play her wedding so badly that she’ll pay for the band’s booze and doesn’t mind if they slap her grandma.
how much will it cost to get @BandofNOTHING to play my wedding?? i'll pay extra for them to get drunk/destroy the ceremony/slap my grandma
— Christina Belles (@cmbelles) June 9, 2014
6. Their fans like to have their skulls beaten with guitars.
Hoping @BandofNOTHING breaks a guitar on my skull B)
— Needlez Kane (@NeedlezKane) June 7, 2014
7. After they beat your skull with a guitar, they will melt it…
— Bobandy (@burnallflags) May 30, 2014
8. …which probably explains why you should bring a helmet to their shows
— NOTHING (@BandofNOTHING) June 1, 2014
9. Fans have to seriously hold it in when they play. Literally.
Literally almost peed my pants but I stayed for all of @BandofNOTHING's set AND they played my fav song during the encore ✌️
— KatEY (@Kateysetsfire) June 8, 2014
10. Seeing Nothing is definitely better than getting your body painted at Firefly.
Mini rant: anybody going to Firefly next week, set time aside from painting yourself and listening to crap, and dont miss @BandofNOTHING
— The Alternative (@GetAlternative) June 14, 2014