Courtesy of Rick Steves
Rick Steves Takes Us On A Musical Tour Of Europe
RickSteves is a travel guide, TV and radio host, and the author of several books. And lots of those stories have to do with music.
- Amália Rodrigues, "Solidão (Canção do mar)"
- Domenico Scarlatti, "Sonata in G Major, K. 14"
- Johann Sebastian Bach, "Fantasia and Fuge in G Minor, BWV 542: I. Fantasia"
- The Beatles, "Hello, Goodbye"
- Seamus Kennedy, "The Rattlin'"
- Johann Strauss, "The Blue Danube Waltz, Op. 314"
*This session originally aired on April 9, 2021
Imagine how good it would feel to pack up your suitcase, head to the airport, and get on an airplane, headed for a great adventure? Hopefully that will be something you can do soon, but in the meantime you can take a trip with my guest on this episode, Rick Steves.
Rick Steves is a travel guide, radio host, TV host and the author of several books, including For the Love of Europe: My Favorite People, Places & Stories. And lots of those stories have to do with music.
Steves will take us on a little musical tour of Europe, he’ll share some of his tips for having the best musical experience while traveling, and he’ll talk about how music was sort of how he ended up visiting Europe in the first place.
So if you’ve been missing travel and music, get ready to enjoy the trip with Rick Steves.